The proposed lines of research focus on the dynamic of center (s) -periphery(ies) in the various spheres comprehended by the Romance languages – French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Catalan, etc., contextualized in European, American, African and Asian spaces. It is important to take into consideration the connections within linguistic and cultural spaces, relations of power between cultures and works of literature and the transformations of these relations; in other words, the processes that lead to the empowerment of the peripheries, the emergence of new centers, transmutations of the centers themselves. Emphasis will be placed on the structuring elements of the literary field, dynamics of the respective poetics, critical and metacritical notions that support the changes.
- empowerment of peripheries and their consequences
- nationalization and denationalization of literature
- dynamics of post-colonial evolution
- major-minor relationship: e.g. in the Iberian space (the relationship between the Castilian, Catalan, Basque and Galician spheres), in the Belgian or Swiss area
- the emergence of new poetics and concepts of literature
Languages used in presentations: French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, English
Proposals from Romance literature are to be sent within the registration procedure here.
For more information about this specialisation, you can contact us at email@example.com.